Thursday, November 10, 2016

I'm Looking For Painters

Baron von Muchausen goes airborne.
Now that I am retired, I have more time to devote to things that were lower on my priority list. One of those items was to paint samples of EVERY MINDEN FIGURE and use them to illustrate the shopping cart items for sale on the Fife & Drum website ordering page. Click on the link below to visit the Fife & Drum website.

Fife and Drum Website

We have over 500 moulds so this project would take years to complete if I did all of the painting. Consequently, I have decided to farm out some of the painting to 3 to 6 different painters. I can't lay out a lot of cash for this project, so my proposal is to pay you in lead (or pewter, to be precise) at a rate of 6 foot or cavalry castings per painted foot figure or 2 horses per painted horse figure. We can work out other exchange rates, but in general, I'm looking to trade around $12 of retail value per painted figure.

I'm looking for above average brushwork, something that you would consider good enough to appear in an advertisement or enter into a painting contest. I am not looking for museum quality paint jobs.

If you are interested, then send me an email at:

altefritz1740@yahoo.com

I will want to see some samples of your work before engaging you for the commission.


One need not be this good of a painter (First Legion 54mm toy soldiers)


The "SKUs" will be painted; so for example, if a pack of figures includes 8 marching musketeers then I will be asking you to paint all 8 musketeers in the pack.





1 comment:

  1. I can't paint to the standard to show off your beautiful figures.

    But I can congratulate you on your retirement. Wishing you many happy and productive years ahead to enjoy the family and the hobby.

    ReplyDelete