Tuesday, May 21, 2013

IR24 von Schwerin Regt. (Minden figures)

Minden Miniatures Prussians, painted by Der Alte Fritz

Here is a short post to show a picture of some commission work that I just finished last weekend. They are Minden Miniatures Prussians painted as IR24 von Schwerin Regiment and the flags are from GMB Designs. The regiment is mounted on 3/4-inch square Litko bases. I just painted the bases dark green as a temporary expedient as the client wishes to finish the terraining of the bases himself. This is a classic Prussian regiment with white small clothes and red facings on the typical Prussian Blue uniform coat.

I am currently working on a British AWI regiment (44th Foot) and should have it completed within a couple more days. Pictures to follow in a few days.

6 comments:

  1. nice work, lovely looking regiment

    -- Allan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice indeed!!

    So, since I am ignorant of organization during this period, tell me what each group of 12 miniatures represents - company?

    As always, I love to see your fantastic work!

    Greg

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think they're awesome..can't wait to see them on my gaming table. Hope my self-painted Austrians can match them.

    PTL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that they are organized as a three company regiment for the Charge set of rules. Two 18-figure musketeer btns and one 12-figure grenadier company plus 6 command figures and one mounted officer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice inspirational work, Jim. I love big regiments, Mindens best of all. I'm painting 30 fig Austrian regiments at the moment, but there's an ideal to make these up to 50 figs idc.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jim,

    You are absolutely correct in the organization. I use the Charge rules with very minor changes. the biggest change is the officer casualties I use percentage dice to see if officers are killed/wounded based on how many line figues are laid low....thanks for taking on the commission!!!

    PTL

    ReplyDelete