Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas From Hesse Seewald


Lady Emma Cuddleston-Smythe extends her Christmas Greetings to all of our visitors at the Der Alte Fritz Journal.

Merry Christmas everyone. We wish everyone good health, good spirits and the best family gathering that one could ever hope for.

Lady Emma woke up the Erbprinz of Hesse Seewald and Mrs. Fritz bright and early at 8AM and bade us to attend the royal opening of the Christmas presents. Since I stayed up until 2:30AM painting AWI British Light Infantry, I was a bit tired and groggy as one might expect. However, 12 ounces of Diet Coke and a piece of warm Stollen found me up to the task of opening the presents.

I received some wonderful gifts, especially a box of artist acrylics and brushes from Lady Emma and a copy of the book "Money Ball", by Michael Lewis, which I have found to be fascinating. I can hardly put it down.

Well, I have to get back to our guests, we have 15 people, all family, at our home for Christmas Day dinner and there is much work left to do.

Merry Christmas to all.

Der Alte Fritz

9 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to you and all of your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas to you Alte Fritz. Enjoy your feast and your new battalion!

    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  3. I glad Your Grace had a good Christmas day! Greetings from the peasants... who await Boxing Day! Make it a big box! We're hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas to Lady Emma and all attending her court this Christmas

    Stephen Caddy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope all have a Merry Christmas and a safe and prosperous new year.

    ReplyDelete